We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Here's another idea for an easy weeknight dinner. This low carb spaghetti recipe can be made with miracle noodles or zucchini noodles, or your favorite low carb pasta. It has some great flavor and nutrition.
We Love Pasta Dishes!
We love pasta and were missing it when we moved over to a low carb lifestyle. So, of course, we have tried various forms of pasta with lower net carbs than traditional wheat based pasta.
We tried black bean pasta, chick pea pasta, lentil pasta, and even edamame pasta. Guess what? They all still had a pretty hefty amount of net carbs and the texture in my opinion was not great.
When we found capello's brand pasta made from almond flour we were pretty happy with the texture and the taste. The bummer about this one? It was super expensive and actually not all that low in carbs either at 19 net per serving!
This is when we finally decided to invest in a spiralizer and also start baking more spaghetti squash to replace our hankering for noodle dishes.
However, any Low Carb Spaghetti Noodles will work for this.
For this recipe you could use your preference. Obviously zucchini spiralizes nicely but we wanted to try the miracle noodles.
Of course, you do not have to worry about the carb content being too high using either zucchini or these miracle noodles and that's what we were going for.
And, since traditional jar sauce has added sugar, we also made our own flavorful pasta topping.
And here's where we got a little creative.
But First, Let's Review our Healthy Anti-inflammatory Spice Choices
- Ginger is pretty well known for it's good anti-inflammatory properties and it is also nightshade free. Ginger has been used for nausea as well as fighting off colds and flus.
- Turmeric contains a potent compound called Curcumin which is reported to help with cognitive function and mood.
- Cloves have an active ingredient called eugenol. Eugenol is the main anti-inflammatory substance. Cloves are also an excellent source of manganese, vitamin K, and dietary fiber. This spice may aid in digestion, fight against cancer, and protect the liver.
- Black pepper contains a substance that discourages intestinal gas from forming. It also has essential oils like peperine, which gives bold character and heat as well as others that give the spice its aromatic qualities.Researchers recently found that black pepper may reduce the perception of pain, reduce inflammation and fight arthritis.
Well, spiralizing is really pretty fun and if you have kids, they will enjoy helping with this part of the process. We just washed up the zucchini and stuck it in the spiralizer and turned the handle.
Here's a little demo on how to use a couple different spiralizers that I found on youtube.
Now, both cook really quickly and we like our zoodles crisp so we watch them carefully and test them often. I'm talking literally just a couple minutes.
Now for the miracle noodles, I'd recommend following this man's directions closely. They are a little tricky to get just right.
Summary of the Steps:
Measure out your spices and prepare your pepper, onion, garlic, etc. you know, wash and chop and all that.
Spiralize the zucchini and cook to desired tenderness and drain or cook the miracle noodles per video instructions.
Once the noodles are cooked, just add tomato, onion, red pepper, and garlic in a little of the olive oil and heat until desired tenderness then add that into the pasta and let it sit covered while you cook the chicken.
Slice up the chicken breast and cook per recipe instructions.
(I wasn't really in the mood for dicing up the chicken breast so I just sliced it into about 5 servings with a little left over and cooked it in with oil and spices, onion and garlic.)
Also, when you add the water to the chicken to let it finish cooking and simmer, add just enough to cover it. We don't want to lose too much flavor to the dilution with water.
Finished Low Carb Spaghetti
And finally, here is our finished product after we staged it and asked it to smile for the camera. 🙂
Notice our noodles are yellow due to all those great spices I talked about earlier.
If you're in the mood for some keto dessert after your low carb dinner, then check out our keto cheesecake recipe!
Cashew Chicken Low Carb Spaghetti
Pour the pasta in a dish, put the chicken breast on the top of the pasta. Decorate it with a little sesame and cashew nuts and enjoy!
- 2-3 zucchini or miracle noodles zucchini (spiralized) or a box of gluten-free low carb spaghetti noodles
- 1 tomato cut into small pieces
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 onion cut into a small piece
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp salt + pepper
- 1 tsp curry
- parsley for garnish
- 10 ounces chicken breast
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ginger
- 3 tbsp the olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar free honey substitute of your choice but you can also leave this out completely if you don't want a touch of sweetness to the dish.
- Pasta :
Put low carb spaghetti in a pan and cook per instructions or video included
For zucchini noodles, put in boiling water for 2-4 minutes and drain before it gets too soft.
- Add tomato, onion, red pepper, and garlic in a little of the olive oil and heat until desired tenderness.
- Then add spices and olive oil and cover.
- Chicken :
- In another pan preheat the onion and garlic with the oil
- Add chicken and spices and vinegar
Cover with water and let simmer for 25 min
Add the honey substitute and let simmer for 5 minutes, stirring
Estimated Nutrition with Allulose Sweetener for 1 Cup:
Net Carbs: 8