We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Keto Cookie Recipe
Special Occasions Call for a Keto Cookie Recipe!
Happy Birthday to ME! 😛 For my birthday, I was able to celebrate it with friends and family with a special keto cookie recipe!
This past weekend was my 23rd birthday. I am super thankful for all my family and friends who wished me a happy birthday and made my day extra special.
My roommate, his sister, and her boyfriend even went down to the Bold Rock Cidery to run the Be BOLD 5k Trail race (what’s better than running a race on your birthday?!).
We won a case of Bold Rock Cider! (I was first female -of course I shared the cider)
Back to Work
The Lemon Almond Keto Cookie Recipe that Everyone Can Enjoy!
Making the Lemon Almond Keto Cookie Recipe
Tips and Tricks for the Lemon Almond Keto Cookie Recipe!
- Make sure to line the pan with parchment paper. The first time we made this recipe, we greased the pan with coconut oil (one of the healthiest oils and personally my favorite to cook with). The cookie stuck to the pan and was difficult to remove. Parchment paper will eliminate this issue.
- Cocowhip is sold frozen and needs to be kept frozen. If not, it turns to liquid. Before spreading it on the cookie, let it sound out and thaw for approximately 5-10 minutes until it is soft but still thick. Place any extra cake back into the fridge so the CocoWhip does not turn to liquid.
- We enjoyed having blueberries on our cake. Blueberries pair well with lemon. You can add fresh or frozen fruit. If you choose to use frozen, make sure to let the fruit thaw out before placing them on the keto cookie cake. Feel free to add any other toppings of your choosing! (Strawberries, Lemon Zest, Sprinkles, Low Carb Candies, etc!)
Lemon Almond Keto Cookie Recipe
Enjoy this Lemon Almond Cookie Recipe at any special occasion! It is a healthy, low carb dessert that is gluten free and dairy free and good for birthdays, parties, and other events!
- 4 Eggs Whites and Yolks Separated
- 1/4 Cup Monk Fruit Sweetener
- 1/4 tsp Almond Extract
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1 1/2 Cups Almond Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Lemon Zest
- Optional for serving: CocoWhip, Blueberries, Sliced Fruit, Slivered Almonds
Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees
Place the Almond Flour, Baking Powder, and Salt in a large bowl and mix together. Add the egg yolks and stir to combine.
In a separate bowl, add the egg whites, monk fruit sweetener, almond extract, vanilla extract, and cream of tartar. Beat together with an electric mixer.
When the egg whites are soft and form peaks, slowly add it to the almond flour and egg yolk mixture and stir to combine.
Add the lemon zest and stir.
Line a circular baking pan with parchment paper and pour the batter.
Place the keto almond cookie cake in the oven and bake for approximately 25 minutes.
When done, set aside to cool for approximately 10-15 minutes.
When cooled, add additional toppings.
Fat: 5 g
Carbs: 5 g
Protein: 6 g
Net Carbs: 4 g
*Nutrition does not include the CocoWhip. If you add the CocoWhip, it adds an additional 30 calories.