We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Finding the Best Anti Wrinkle Cream & Techniques to Minimize Under Eye Wrinkles
I have tried so many anti-aging skin products that it’s embarrassing. And guess what? None of them worked miracles and especially not on my crows feet. I just was not finding the best anti wrinkle cream.
So, should I just accept my aging, sun-exposed, Irish skin?
Well, I actually do believe in naturally aging without fillers and Botox for myself. (check back in 5 years and see if I haven’t changed my mind on that 🙂 )
Quest for The Best Anti Wrinkle Cream and Learn Some Tips to Avoid Wrinkles
But wait…Don’t get me wrong now. I still want to prevent rapid skin aging and thought how great would it be to find something that actually works? Join me as I embark on this little skin rejuvenation experiment.
Let’s jump right in. Here are a few things I have discovered so far and am currently using as part of my skin care routine:
Exercises, A Magic Wand, & CBD Oil Based Creams:
1.) Exercises: (Facial Exercises Targeting Problem Areas)
- My lip area is the biggest problem area for me and I’d like to see this improve. I have a big mouth and a big old smile. With this larger mouth, comes a tendency for the lips to form pucker lines easily. It seems like everything from chewing to drinking from straws does this. So I was happy to find an easy exercise that can help.
- With that, here is a nice demo by vitalife of one lip line exercise where you hold your top lip and pull it down over the teeth with some resistance applied. This one gets a little tiring and so I would do this about 20 times and repeat a couple times per day.
Under Eye Wrinkles
- Now for the eyes. You can isolate the lower eyelid area and raise that up. Again, practice in the mirror. It’s like you’re going to squint or wink but you don’t fully do either and the motion is coming from the lower eyelid. Do this as much as you want.
- Push them out by closing your mouth and filling your cheeks with air. This poofs out the lines, flattens them out. You can alternate side to side with the air pockets or do both together. Here is another link to a little demo of some Facial Yoga for those laugh lines. You can do this several times per day.
- So, here’s one easy thing you can do for your whole face and you won’t believe how simple it really is. Just keep a neutral face for as long and often as you can. Practice in the mirror and find your expression that has the fewest wrinkles. It may be holding your mouth in an O-shape and lifting your eyes just a tad without creating more forehead creases. It seems easy but it is actually tricky to keep all these little facial muscles in that position. Learn the feel of this facial position in the mirror and hold your face in that position as often as you can.
- An acupuncturist and a PE teacher both showed me this simple exercise. One, you just push your tongue gently up to the roof of your mouth, keeping it flat and while your mouth is closed. You will be able to see in the mirror how the area underneath is being worked. Repeat as often as you wish. Watch out for soreness and stop if you get pain.
2.) The Magic Wand:
By now, perhaps you’ve also seen the Facebook ads for the Kansa Wand ?
I bought one to try and I really like it! But, what is it and how does it work? Well, it is said in Ayurvedic medicine to provide balancing energy, increase circulation, and help decrease stress. Not only that, but it helps detoxify the skin which is a great way to rejuvenate.
This wand is made of bronze which becomes warm as it glides across the skin and that warmth coupled with the smoothness of the wand, is very relaxing. It is akin to ironing the under eye wrinkles out of your skin. This tool also helps release collagen and the skin presents with a tighter and smoother look and feel afterwards.
Guess what? Remember that post we recently did on lymphatic congestion? Well, this wand massage helps improve lymph flow too and detoxify the skin which we now know is a wonderful thing to do!
However, you do need to put some special oil on your face before you use this tool.
Here is what came with my wand and I love the smell and the way it makes my skin feel! You can get this wonderful beauty elixir here. It is known for it’s formulation of herbs that help tone the skin and give it more luster and glow.
3.) Cream Based Products – Best Anti Wrinkle Cream
I came to learn about CBD based skin care after my doctor recommended I try an organic, full spectrum CBD oil for the lingering issues Lyme disease left me with. Of course, I did some research as there are many brands out there.
What I came up with was a company who sells an organic, full spectrum, low THC product made from Hemp. I bought some and never looked back. Their facility is FDA approved which I liked and their site says it is legal in all 50 states which is another thing I liked.
Anyway, so I started using the oil and was very happy with the results and one day as I was ordering more, I saw their skin care line and it looked awesome. So the next month I ordered their Renew Cream and Revive Creams in hopes I would finally find the best anti wrinkle cream.
Renew and Revive
HempWorx Renew Cream Your skin can look more taught and vibrant with this product that brags apple stem cells, CBD oil, and jojoba.
In my opinion, this wonderful product is one of the best anti wrinkle creams and contains collagen retinol for improved tone and appearance as well as the many benefits of CBD oil on the skin. It will tighten your skin and help reduce the appearance of fine lines and those under eye wrinkles that we all hate so much.
Before we go, let’s not forget to mention some other, more well-known tactics for holding on to younger looking skin.
The Older, Tried and True Skin Advice:
Use Collagen Masks
- These are convenient and easy to apply and are soothing as they hydrate and help infuse collagen onto the face which can give skin elasticity.
Take Collagen Supplements
– like this Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides Powder- This powder not only promotes younger looking skin, but it also is Paleo, Keto, Gluten Free, and Whole30 approved and non-GMO!
- Who doesn’t enjoy a great relaxing spa facial? Problem is it can be an expensive way to exfoliate and cleanse as well as moisturize the skin.
- Smoking causes decrease in essential oxygenation to the skin. Not helpful if you want to maintain a youthful appearance.
Watch your Sun Exposure
- If you’re reading this and you’re young, do this now! I did not heed this warning as a young woman and pay the price now with sun spots and such. In fact, I just had two pre-cancerous spots frozen off my nose. Ouch! Wear your sunscreen and a hat to keep your facial skin as protected from the sun as possible.
Minimize Squinting and other wrinkle making facial expressions
- Wear good sunglasses that filter out as many harmful sun rays as possible.
- Cortisol breaks down collagen and elastin. This is not something you want if you’re trying to preserve the quality of your skin.
Slow the Aging of Your Skin
Have we found the best anti wrinkle cream? Could it be that, like diet and exercise, this is an individual thing and each of us has to experiment to find what is right for us?
Just so you know, I still have some under eye wrinkles and lip lines, of course. Heck, I am 50 and I earned them. However, I am certain these products and exercises are helping the overall health and appearance of my skin in many ways and keeping the wrinkles from rapidly progressing.
Let me mention again that no product is going to make you look like you’re 20 when you’re actually 50. But, they can help with smoothness, texture, glow, and of course minimizing the speed of new wrinkles forming and the appearance of the wrinkles you already have.
*Disclaimer for The Best Anti Wrinkle Cream and Under Eye Wrinkles * The information provided in this website is for informational purposes. It is based on my own personal experiences and opinions. I am not a medical doctor and what is written should not be used to diagnose or treat any disease or illness. The product links are not meant to be construed as medications or treatments and you should consult your doctor before taking any supplements, herbal products, or starting exercise programs.